D-STAR Setup for New Users
Your D-STAR registration has been approved!
You’ve joined the world of D-STAR! Thank you for registering via the W8LAP Gateway.
You’re almost ready to make your first contact – the following steps are still required!
Please follow these steps to configure your Personal Information on the D-Star Gateway.
- Return to the D-STAR Gateway System (W8LAP) website.
- Login using your Callsign and Password used during the previous registration process.
Please note that your Callsign and Password are case sensitive!
Callsign must be in Upper Case!
- Click on “Personal Information” at the top right of the page.
- Click on the checkbox next to the number “1”.
- Then click inside the “Initial” box to the right of your callsign on the same line as the number “1”.
- Type only a single space character with your space bar. This will not be visible but it is very important!
- Leave the Access Point box unchecked along this line.
- When complete, click on “Update”.
For most users, we have found it unnecessary to make separate entries for home, mobile, portable, etc. Just one basic entry is enough. The only conflict that might occur is if you are transmitting on two radios – at the same exact time. Likely? Probably not!
If you do decide to add a suffix letter, you MUST maintain the “blank” space key entry as described above. The blank space entry is REQUIRED to be in your registration at all times !!!
You only need to register on ONE Gateway to use the entire D-STAR system.
Welcome to D-Star!!
After a few minutes, check the below website and confirm that you have done everything right. It does take time to propagate throughout the many servers. If you do not show up right away, wait a bit and try again.
- Enter your callsign in the ‘user call’ box
- Click Submit
- Your info should show up in all three of the displayed sections.
- Pay no attention to the red word False at the end of each line – this is normal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!