Meeting Minutes – February 11, 2020
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm. There were 14 members in attendance. The evenings’ presentation was a show and tell of go boxes as implemented by our members.
No one was reported ill.
Genesee County Sky-Warn training will be Saturday March 21, 10 am, at the Genesee County Administration Building.
The January meeting minutes were read and accepted by the membership present.
Was presented and approved by the membership present.
Repeater Trustee Report:
No report provided
The next ARES meeting will be February 19. All are welcome. The focus of the meeting will be phone messaging skills.
– A link was added to the website for state wide NTS nets.
– We get a couple of new D-Star users per month.
– The current members list on the website reflects paid members only. If you have not paid your dues for the year, please do so.
– To complete the 501C, the association must add one more item to the documents. This item will be discussed at the next board meeting, and a determination will be made if it requires a membership vote.
– If you would like to submit an article for Waveguide publication, please forward it to newsletter@W8LAP.com
New Repeater Update:
The 220 link cable is complete. Still working on the specialized user macros and planning for a spring time installation. All Star link issues are still being understood and worked out. A presentation describing All Star linking will be at a future meeting.
The March presentation will be the NTS system by Jeff WB8WKQ.
The Extra Class question pool is changing. Upgrade soon before the questions change.
Amy Pender is teaching a class to update from Tech to General starting in March. Register via the Davison School District.
Meeting Adjourned 8:51 pm. 50/50 won by Gordon N8GMM